On Sun, 4 Jun 2006 16:10:06 -0700
"sandy_posey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I just downloaded this program and what I really need it for is to be
> able to make a song list and have them list alphabetically on their
> own. Will this work for me or not? If it will can I please have an
> explanation as to how? I don't want to number them as when I need to
> find a song title and it's location I want to press say H for the
> song title How great thou art and it be there in alphabetical order.
> If you can help it would be appreciated. Sincerely Sandy

Hi Sandy,

Yes Open Office will do what you want. How you do it really depends on
the amount of data you want to record for each title.

For example, if you want something as basic as what you've just
described, you can quickly set up a spreadsheet with a column for the
title, each song on a different row. Calc has very good sorting
facilities which allow you to sort the rows alphabetically. It also had
filters which let you select items according to criteria (such as all
songs starting with H)

You can also store other basic information for each song, for example
author or music style etc.

If you want to store more detailed or varied information then you can
use the database component, Base.

I would suggest you read the documentation that comes with Open Office
or on the website at http://documentation.openoffice.org You can find
tutorials and user guides that will help you get started.

--
God bless you,

Keith Bates
4 Mooloobar St