On Mon, 2006-06-26 at 15:08 -0700, NoOp wrote:
> G. Roderick Singleton wrote:

> >> Could be a local problem. However, if I download the OpenOffice.org1.x.x
> >> User Guide in .sxw format
> >> (http://documentation.openoffice.org/manuals/index.html) and then export
> >> that to a pdf: File|Export as PDF, the resulting PDF TOC links work just
> >> fine. Downloading and opening that document in PDF format also results
> >> in the TOC links working.
> >>
> >> Given that the 1.x.x users guide TOC's work fine, and the 2.x users
> >> guide TOC's do not, I suspect it is a OOo PDF production problem instead
> >> of a local problem.
> >>

> > Fine. However, what is your point? That I must regenerate everything
> > with every release of OOo? If yes, then it will not happen. I generate
> > the PDF when changes are made using the current stable release. However,
> > no one has bothered to mention what release of OOo they use in trying to
> > make some sort of point. I encourage any who are interested to use issue
> > 29679 to help. You may attach your PDF to the issue for review.
>
> No _point_ other than simply _trying to assist_ from a end-users
> perspective by verifying that the 2.x.x TOC's not working: 1) does not
> appear to be a local problem (as far as I can tell), and 2) testing with
> 1.x.x TOC as a control for comparison.

Using the issue would be best. I am not the only person working on the
document.

> The release of OOo is largely irrelevant as the issue was whether or not
> the TOC PDF links were working in a PDF reader. In my case I provided
> you with the readers and versions used.  However for the record, my OOo
> version is 2.02 (Win32), and that is the version that I used to generate
> the test PDF for the 1.x.x userguide. Further, I've no desire to submit
> a 5.85MB test PDF for review.

Then your comments are wasted. Too bad you feel that contributing in a
positive way by using the issue provided is too much trouble.

> Given that the 2.x.x doc is a draft, I would have thought that perhaps
> you would have appreciated the feed back and, that someone had taken an
> hour of their time to test & verify using different commercial PDF
> readers in the process. It appears you do not.

Normally, yes but dev@openoffice.org is the list in which to discuss
documentation issues.

> > BTW, this discussion belongs on dev@documentation.openoffice.org If you
> > care to continue this discussion, look to this list.
>
> My responses were in response to the thread started in
> gmane.comp.openoffice.questions and certainly is on-topic for the
> thread/list subject "Converting to pdf: need help", and the question
> asked by the OP:
>
> > The links in table of contents don't work. Should they?
>
> I've no desire to wander off into a developers thread/list to "continue
> this discussion" but thanks anyway.

Sad you will not participate.
--
PLEASE KEEP MESSAGES ON THE LIST.