So let's say, just for example, cell A1 contains numeric 123, and cell B1 contains formula =A1.

Are you saying that you can select cell A1, Copy, select cell A2, Paste, and now cell B1 contains formula =A2?

This does not happen for me. (Windows XP, OOo2.0.2) Or have I misunderstood?

Shane Johnson wrote:
I am running into a problem when I copy the data from the referenced cells in a formula to a new location and the formula reference follows the data instead of staying on the original cells where I want it. Is there any way to turn this off. I have looked through the options and couldn't see anything.

Thank you
Shane

OOo 2.0.2 running on Windows 2000