Hi Polly,

"Polly A." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schrieb:
>  Dear Open Office Crew Members,
>
> Yesterday I received an email about Open Office.org's office suite.  I
> went to the download site and downloaded
> OOo_2.0.3_WIN32Intel_install.exe .  I installed this version on my
> HDD.  I signed on for email information from OO0.org.
>
> Today, I received an email from OOo.org sent out authored by John
> McCreesh for immediate release topic on
> "Instead, Microsoft
> should give users of all its Office products the ability to use ISO
> 26300 as their default file format."
>
> That had a link to "the latest OOo version" which I followed to
> Version OOo 2.0.2_WIN3...tall_wJRE.exe  .

You have the latest version of OpenOffice.org.

You have downloaded and installed the version without the Java Runtime
Evironment (JRE). This isn't a problem, because you can use OOo without
Java. Only if you need some of the wizards, then you'll need Java. If
you haven't Java installed, you can download it for free from here:

http://www.java.com

After downloading Java, you must tell OOo, where your Java installation
is located. You can add this in the Tools > Options dialogue.

HTH

Sigrid