Andrius, Roderick,

> > On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 17:05:36 +1000
> > Philip Rhoades <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > > People,
> > >
> > > How do I force OOo2 to use CUPS as the default printer instead of
> > > SGENPRT (/opt/openoffice.org2.0/share/psprint/driver/SGENPRT.PS)?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Phil.
> >
> > If I get you right:
> > run spadmin or oopadmin
> > (my is /usr/lib/openoffice/program/spadmin, yours may be different),
> > select an installed cups printer and click "default".
> >
> > Andrius

> > Why not do what others do, make a printer that will handle postscript in
> > CUPS and use that in OOo?  You will need to pre-process postscript with
> > a tool such as gs.
> >
> > Roderick

I was not clear enough:

spadmin only works for individuals - I want EVERY user instance of OO to
use CUPS as the system default NOT it's own SGENPRT.

The problem is: currently EVERY printer that is available to users
on the system via CUPS appears as type "SGENPRT" in OOo instead of say
"CUPS:s0" - as I have seen on one of our other servers - but I can't see any
difference between the setups on both servers!

Thanks,

Phil.
--
Philip Rhoades

Pricom Pty Limited  (ACN 003 252 275  ABN 91 003 252 275)
GPO Box 3411
Sydney NSW      2001
Australia
Mobile:  +61:0411-185-652