On Fri, 2006-07-14 at 12:39 -0500, Ruth wrote:
>       I downloaded your open office for mac users in hopes that it would
> work in conjunction with the voiceover that is a part of my OSX. i am
> legally blind and need to navigate in software programs with
> voiceover. I have ms office and since it didn't work for me I was
> hoping that your Open Office would speak the prompts, menus and my
> keystrokes. Is there anyway that you can make this a function in this
> software?Thanks, Ruth

I am not sure that your ultimate goal can be achieved _BUT_ I have
recently found out that *NIX based systems may need to have the Java
Media Framework installed. This  is especially true for Linux and since
MacOSX with OOo is in the *NIX class, it may also be affected.

The only documentation for handling the JMF that I have found is in
German at
http://de.openoffice.org/doc/howto_2_0/office/multimedia_linux.html
Perhaps it will help. If you can wait and manage, I am in the process of
writing up instructions in English.
--
PLEASE KEEP MESSAGES ON THE LIST.
OpenOffice.org Documentation Co-Lead