On Fri July 28 2006 19:00, + ZERO wrote:
>  [ MODERATED ] ********************
> I have a version of open office. I got it about a year ago, It works well
> and I'm using window ME operating system. but I now run a website broken
> link bussiness,where I send clients and email of some of their broken
> links,but to get the rest of the broken link report they have to make a
> paypal payment and get a password, I then put the rest of their link report
> in a open office file and use the password protection in open office, But
> during a test I sent  to my son and give him the password.his computer
> using microsoft XP didn't know how to open the open office file to get to
> the password page.on my sent mail page in my computer I had know problem
> opening it up.can you tell me if everyone will not be able to open my sent
> password files.

OpenOffice.org files saved with the ODT extension will not open on computers
which does not have OpenOffice.org installed on them. Also the OpenOffice.org
password is not possible to crack, whereas the MSWord documents password
protection can be cracked.

Please reply to users@openoffice.org only

--
CPH : openoffice.org contributor