Johnny, I understand all that you've said about changing base point. I don't know if it's possible to make OOo remember the base point you selected. But here's a completely different method that *might* accomplish what you want.

Select your shape, whatever it is. F4, change the base point, move it where you want it.

Now enter a *new* shape into your document, a rectangle is good. Make it an exact multiple of grid size, vertical and horizontal, and big enough to completely cover your original shape.

Change the borders of this new rectangle to Invisible, and the Fill to None.

Position this new, now-invisible rectangle over your original shape, completely surrounding it.

Group the two shapes together.

Now when you click on your shape, you'll select both it and the surrounding invisible rectangle. Since the rectangle is a grid size multiple, you can reposition it by whatever base point you (or OOo) please, and your shape will maintain its off-grid position within.

Johnny Andersson wrote:

I can see that my Alt+0149 and Alt+0183 doesn't look right so maybe that make it even harder to understand what I am looking for.

Alt+0149 is a fat multiplication dot
Alt+0183 is a thin multiplication dot (sorry for bad English if that's the case...)

More comments below...