On Sun, 2006-08-06 at 16:24 -0400, Walter A. March wrote:
> G. Roderick Singleton wrote:
> >> You're absolutely correct. This option only appears in the Linux version
> >> of OOo 2.0.3; why I don't know. Perhaps someone else will know whether
> >> this is an oversight, a bug, or intentional?
> >>

> > Since Windows set the default email client for you, OOo simply uses the
> > default.
>
> I found something under Tools > Options > OpenOffice.org Writer > Mail
> Merge E-mail.  I configured it and tested the settings (they test
> correctly) but I get an error:
>
> OpenOffice.org was unable to find a working e-mail configuration. Please
> save this document locally instead and attach it from within your e-mail
> client.
>
> after which it creates an email with the file as an attachment and lets
> me send it with my email client (Thunderbird 1.5.0.5).  I have OOo 2.0.3.
>
> Thunderbird is set as my default email client according to the system
> (Windows 2000 SP4). I can do a mailto link and have it open Thunderbird.
>
> So... what's with the error message... especially as it seems to work!
>
> WalterAM

I have a single machine with XP Pro dual-booted that I use only when I
have to. I switched to Tbird and set it as my default client and OOo
simply uses it. Why it misbehaves for you is not something I can explain
as it works for me. Maybe filing an issue is in order. Your call.
--
PLEASE KEEP MESSAGES ON THE LIST.
OpenOffice.org Documentation Co-Lead