To: <users@openoffice.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 29, 2006 3:07 PM
Subject: Re: [users] Master documents.?

Hi James,

A Master Document is basically a collection of 'child' documents, with arrangement and maybe some extra text or a table of contents/index.

The advantage comes when you've got two similar documents that need to be kept up-to-date... you can put all the information in child documents and create two master documents. Then you add maybe all the child documents to one master document, but only 3/4 of the child documents to the other. Whenever some bit of information needs changing, you change it in the child document and it's automatically shown in both master documents. Make sense?

- Naomi

James Elliott wrote:
I use Templates in Writer and Calc, so I understand that bit, but how does a "Master Document" differ from a Template?

Kind regards,  James