On Saturday 02 September 2006 06:29 am, Fred Janon wrote:
> Hi Sigrid,
>
> I already had Java installed before installing OO. Here is the
> version info:
>
> java version "1.4.2_06"
> Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build
> 1.4.2_06-b03) Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.2_06-b03, mixed
> mode)
>
> Is there a way to check in OO where/what Java JRE it is using?
>
> Thanks
>
> Fred

     You need to get a newer version of Java. Version 1.4.2_06 works
well with OOo 1.1.X but not with OOo 2.0.X. For OOo 2.0.x you need
Java version 1.5.x.
     Tools> Options > OpenOffice.org > Java will check for Java on
your computer and list the one or ones you have installed. You can
also place a check in front of a listed version to select it as the
one OOo should use. Afterwards, you must exit OOo and Quickstarter
(in the system tray of Windows) and then restart OOo for your Java
selection to take effect.

Dan