Just a couple of thoughts. I do not use Base but I have a rudimentary document just so that I can check things out.

I have version 2.0.2 on a Linux OS. The File >Export menu item is disabled and the only option in File >Save As is OpenDocument Database.

It occurs to me that the programme is still very young. It was only introduced with the OpenOffice 2.0.x series. Perhaps those options are still limited.

The other point is that File >Export may be enabled when you've made something of your document. What I have so far is just the bare bones.

I have JRE 1.5.0_07 which was the most recent version when I installed it a month or so ago.

Fred Janon wrote:
Sigrid,

I found the Java settings in the Options menu. There was a JRE selected
already. I tried another one (I have 2 JAVA SDKs on my PC), restarted
Oo and the "Save as" and "Export" options didn't show any more options
than before. I switched back to the original JRE and got the same
result. The Oo help doesn't seem to mention the JRE as part of the
export/save process.

Any suggestion? Does Oo 2.0 support Java 1.4.x?

Thanks

Fred

--- Fred Janon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi Sigrid,

I already had Java installed before installing OO. Here is the
version
info:

java version "1.4.2_06"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_06-b03)

Is there a way to check in OO where/what Java JRE it is using?

Thanks

Fred

--- Sigrid Kronenberger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi Fred,
Fred Janon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schrieb:

I have OO 2.0.2 and 2.0.3 installed on Windows 2000 and XP. Both
of
them have the "File-Export" menu disabled and I don't understand
why.
I checked the Help and could not find a reason why it is
disabled.
Is the "Export" menu supposed to work on 2.0? Am I missing an
optional
module?

Since the Export menu was disabled, I tried "Save as..." but the
only
option for the format is "Base" which doesn't help me much.
I'm not sure, but have you Java installed on your computer? And, if
yes,
which version? If not, try to download and install Java from this
website http://www.java.com and follow the given instructions.
Again, is the "Save as" menu supposed to offer several options
like
text Tab delimited, csv, etc...?
Hopefully, installing Java will do the trick.
Sigrid