On Monday, September 25, 2006 8:28 AM [GMT+1=CET], Cor Nouws <[EMAIL
PROTECTED]> wrote:

<snip>>
> Diabling autocorrect is easy in OOo (much easier than in 'the other'
> product), only you have to look in the Format-menu :-p
>
> Maybe put it in the place under Tools|Autocorrect?
> But then also the name of the menu-entry should make clear that is has
> to do with autocorrect.
> Furthermore Format|Autoformat is a logic place ...
>
> Any thoughts?
<snip>

1. It was not clear (to me, anyway) that autoformat and autocorrect are linked
in this way. Having now experimented I find that (a) toggling autoformat on/off
toggles autocorrect as well and (b) *applying* autoformat applies auto
corrections as well.

2. It would be nice if the Help mentioned this.

3. It would be nice if there was a Disable option in the Autocorrect menu
although if the Help text was better then this would not be so important.

I'd vote for better Help text because it's more likely to get implemented than
an actual code/menu change ;-)

Harold Fuchs
London, England