Harold Fuchs wrote:
Cor,

On Monday, September 25, 2006 12:11 PM [GMT+1=CET], Cor Nouws <[EMAIL
PROTECTED]> wrote:

<snip>>
Agree.
Try Help on Writer, Index, Autoformat.
Pls look if it is OK for you.
There are some small mistakes in Nl-version.

I'm using the English (UK) version so these comments only apply to that. The
help text under autoformat is not too bad. Unfortunately, I (and the OP) never
thought to look there. We looked under Autocorrect which is what we want to
turn off. The Help text there is not clear at all.

Regards, Harold

I'm using the US English version. I went into Help, searched on Autocorrect, and found one of the subtopics was "switching on and off".

The instructions under this subtopic said, in part, "To turn on or to turn off the AutoCorrect feature, in OpenOffice.org Calc choose *Tools - Cell Contents - AutoInput*, and in OpenOffice.org Writer choose *Format - AutoFormat - While Typing*." So this seems to be informative and fairly easy to find.

I do think there is some unneeded confusion because the terms "Autocorrect" and "Autoformat" seem to be used somewhat interchangeably.