Ross:

There is an issue on this functionality that discusses why and why not to
disable the file locking ability of Samba.

I would not disable this functionality unless it is broken, such as in the case
of the implementation of network file locking on the MacIntosh through the X11
windowing client provided by Apple.

I will look for the suggested solution this evening, unless another answers
this question.

James McKenzie