On Wednesday 04 October 2006 12:54 pm, Lívio Cipriano wrote:
> -------- On 4 October 2006 17:45, Dan Lewis wrote: --------
>
> >  If you are talking about updating the TOC just before printing,
> >  that is another matter.
>
> That is exactly what I want: the print command updates all the files, tocs
> included, before send the document to the printer, the way it works in
> Word. Is't possible in Writer?

I am almost positive you will need a macro to do this.. It should even be easy
to record this macro yourself.. As for Word I could care less how it works..
(or if it works at all), I just don't have a dog in that race. However OO
should work properly..   If its a feature it should work.  If you want a new
feature make the request and let other vote on it.
I myself often think it would be nice to have this feature, But then again
There are times I want to print something without updating a field as I know
a field may have changed in the underlying db, and don't want to change my
commets.    Because of this "sometimes" requirement its just not important
enough for me to make the effort to write up a request.  Also just not sure I
would want it to work that way..  Fred