You are not wrong.  Launching the OOo2.0.4_Win32Intel_install.exe will
simply recreate the file folder on your desktop.

M. Henri Day wrote:
2006/10/22, Joe Conner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes : «... It [the
file folder] is handy to keep for reinstallation if something later goes
wrong and you need to fix it.»

I should have thought that to reinstall the OOo2.0.4 without downloading
again, it would suffice to retain the OOo2.0.4_Win32Intel_install.exe file,
and that the file folder itself was supernumerary - as I mentioned earlier,
I don't remember such a folder downloading to the desktop when I downloaded
2.0.3. Am I wrong here ?...

Henri