Thanks for your suggestions. I think the solutions may be beyond my competence, and in that we're talking about a fairly small number of records (65) it might in the end be less time-consuming to re-enter everything - but I don't want the same thing to happen again. Anyone got any suggestions what I did wrong?

After I sent my first email I had a look at the forums, and I found I'm not the only one to have lost things in Base:
http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=29624

Is there a OOo Base Bermuda Triangle?

BEB