On or about 10/23/2006 11:19 AM, John Jason Jordan penned the following:
> On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 06:26:39 -0400
> EJones <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> dijo:
>
>> You could try FOXIT PDF READER - it's FREE and has an option to insert
>> text for filling out forms.  Not an Editor, you can't save you're
>> changes, but you can print the form with changes.
>>
>> They also offer an EDITOR, but it is not free.
>> http://www.foxitsoftware.com/
>
> I just downloaded Foxit Reader 2.0 for Linux. It certainly is fast.
> However, there is no option to edit or annotate text. I can't even
> select anything. (I tried with PDFs that I had previously opened and
> selected text in with KPDF and Adobe Reader.) In fact, there isn't even
> a print option. Worse, one of the PDFs that I opened did not display
> everything correctly.

Not sure about Linux, but in the Windows version 2.0 if you look at the
icons in the tool bar, you'll see one that shows a pad and pencil.  When
a pdf document is loaded there will be a 'typewriter' option.  That will
bring up a task bar that will allow you to change font, color and size
of the characters you want to enter.  Just position cursor to the spot
and start typing.

--
Ed
What's "Ham Radio"?: http://www.hello-radio.com/