I have OpenOffice 2.0 No other numbers are with it. This is an office setting, so I can't upgrade.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard Detwiler" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <users@openoffice.org>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, October 22, 2006 4:37 AM
Subject: Re: [users] Inserting Dates in OpenOffice.org

Brenda ML Brown, Legal Secretary/Assistant wrote:
When I put a date on a document, I go to Insert, Fields, Other, then I chose DATE and then DATE (not date fixed) and then the format I want the date to be and then Insert and close.

My problem is that every time that document is opened, it adds an extra comma between the day of the week and the month, for example: Friday, October 13, 2006 will show up as Friday,,,October 13,2 006 if the document has been opened three times since its original making. How can I keep that from happening each time it opens. I only want it to keep up with the current date...

I tried this question in the forum, but have received no response.

Brenda Brown
(570) 746-3480

Hi Brenda,

What version and operating system are you on? I use Windows XP, with OOo 2.0.4. I tried what you said, inserting the field formatted like you had it, and I saved the document, closed it and reopened it several times, and no extra commas were inserted. I did this all in the span of around 5 minutes though, so if there is a time factor (like it only happens when the document is opened on the next day), I would have missed it.