Palmer Pattison wrote:
> Guy,
>
> Never got the splash screen.
>
> Already tried removing OO.o by removing it from the Applications
> folder and
> reinstalling it.  Are there any other user or system files I need to
> delete
> in order to completely uninstall the program?
>
> I will try starting OO.o by opening an associated file, and let you
> know if
> it works.
>
> Thanks,
> Palmer

[Deleted other information]

Ok.  You did part one of two.  You also need to remove the user files
from the /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support folder.  Replace
<username> with the user name as Mac OS X knows it.  They are in the
OpenOffice.org 2.0 folder.  Drag this folder to the trash.  Also, you
may need to do the following if you ever installed OpenOffice.org 2.0.2
or lower.  Go to the Applications folder then the Utilities folder and
start the Terminal program.  Type in ls -l .openoffice.org and ls -l
.openoffice.org2  If either of these two exist (and they should be
directories [drwxr-x---]) please use the following command to remove
them as they are not needed with OpenOffice.org 2.0.3 and 2.0.4:
rm -rf .openoffice.org
and/or
rm -rf .openoffice.org2
type in exit and then quit the Terminal program.

Also, I want to check your X11 installation before we go through the
OpenOffice.org installation, yet one more time....

Open the Applications folder and then the Utilities folder.  Click on
the X11 item.  A xterm window should open.  If it does not, click on the
Applications and then Terminal item.  If this does not work, it would be
very prudent to re-install X11 at this point.  It is not possible to
just drag the X11 item to the trash in order to delete X11 as there is
much more to installing it.  To re-install X11, you must be an
adminstrative user, that is a user with system administrative rights.
Open the MacIntosh HD item from the Desktop and then open the Library
folder.  Next open the Receipts folder and then drag the X11user.pkg
item to the trash.  This will allow Mac OS X to re-install X11 using the
procedure you first used to install X11.  Since you are using Mac OS X
10.4 (Tiger), you MUST install X11 from the Installation Media that was
used to install Mac OS X, be it the system installation disks or the
Tiger upgrade disks.  You should insert the first disk of the disk set
and wait for the installation screen to appear and then select Optional
Package Installation.  From this, select X11 User Package ONLY to
install and then select install.  Do not USE or do anything to your Mac
until the installation procedure completes.  This includes using the
Internet.   Once the procedure completes, try to use X11 again.  It
should work this time.

Click on the original .dmg file and then drag-n-drop the OpenOffice.org
2.0 item to the Applications folder.  Start the OpenOffice.org 2.0
program and you should be greeted with a dialog asking if you want to
use system fonts.

James McKenzie