Rick Bilonick wrote:

On Sat, 2006-10-28 at 00:01 -0400, Rick Bilonick wrote:
I have never been able to merge two tables (both with the same number of
columns). The "table - merge table" menu item is always ghosted. The two
tables are right next to each other. What is the secret to merging
tables?

Rick B.

I created a new text document and inserted two tables so that one table
was directly below the other (there was no space whatsoever between the
tables). Then the merge table was unghosted and worked. However, if I
hit a carriage return and create a line between the two tables the merge
can't be done. I turned on hidden characters and it looks like there is
a paragraph marker between the two tables but I cannot get rid of it no
matter how I try to delete it. This appears to be the reason I cannot
merge tables in my other document. Any suggestions?
If you place the text cursor in the empty paragraph between the two tables and press delete (the paragraph must be empty of course) then it should be removed and you can then merge the tables. This worked for me just now, but had I tried this some other time I would have been totally lost without your clues.

Ross