Rick Bilonick wrote:

If you place the text cursor in the empty paragraph between the two tables and press delete (the paragraph must be empty of course) then it should be removed and you can then merge the tables. This worked for me just now, but had I tried this some other time I would have been totally lost without your clues.

Ross

Where is this documented and how did you know this? It worked of course.
Thanks. Using the backspace key doesn't work. Using search $ didn't
work. This solves a big problem for me. I searched the help system and
the Internet and found no information on this.
Hi Rick,

I didn't "know" this except by trying things that came to mind. I often use Delete rather than Back Space to join paragraphs since it often makes a difference to the resulting paragraph format.

Ross