On Sun, 2006-11-05 at 01:57 -0500, Rick Bilonick wrote:
> > I notice that it may be possible to modify the variables in the database
> > by modifying the format. But I can't find much info on text format
> > codes. There is a lot of info on number format codes but the only thing
> > I've found for text is the @ symbol. Is it possible to specify longer
> > text lengths?
> >
> > Rick B.
>
> So far, the only way I see around this limitation is to use the
> user-defined fields and add part of the title (or authors) in one of the
> user-defined columns, and print both fields next to each other. This is
> kind of kludgey but it seems to work.
>
> However, a new problem has cropped up. When I added the info in the new
> fields, and updated the bibliography, all the bibliographic references
> (which had displayed as numbers) now ALL display "Bibliography entry",
> instead of the number. What gives?
>
> Rick B.

It's actually worse - ALL fields now do not display correctly. Instead
of showing a chapter number, it shows "Chapter". Instead of showing a
page number it shows "Page numbers", and so forth.

Fortunately, I just thought of doing a page preview to see what would
print and that forced all the fields to display correctly in the preview
but only briely in the document right before the preview displays.

Once I close the preview the fields again do not display correctly. What
would cause this?

Rick B.