Fred Moore wrote:
On Friday 10 November 2006 6:35 pm, Terry wrote:
I agree.  I filed an issue about this but my issue was complicated by a
concurrent issue whereby I could not close the toolbars by using the
close button.

The response I got was:

[quote]

If they annoy you you can either close or doc [sic] them ... seems to be
sufficient for me.

[end quote]

Where did you get this quote, from the list or from a problem you logged?

This was the response to an issue I filed.

My suggestion is that you find a better word processor.  Writer seems to
be based on Word and any M$ software is a bad model.

Really.. I don't think Write is modeled after Word. Although at times I think the developers make things work that way to keep people from complaining becase it does't work exactly the same.. When you find a better suite come back here and let us know what it is so we can all change.. Fred

Yes.  That was poorly worded.  I meant that it imitates M$ Word.

For Linux, there are several wordprocessors. A couple have been mentioned favourably at the local users' group but I have not paid attention because these days I have very little use for a word processor. I know Abiword is one application which is held in more esteem than Writer.

Before migrating to Linux, I used Lotus' Wordpro (formerly Amipro). Although it was somewhat dated, it was (and still is) streets ahead of Writer, Word or WordPerfect. It provided some desktop publishing features as well as straight word processing. If I was still captive to the M$ OS, I would use the Lotus products still, in preference to anything else which is available.