2006/11/16, Petra Hauptmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Hi, I just got a I mac and it operates on Mac OS X v 10.4. I dont
know anything about computers.
can I use your openoffice programm?
I have intel, whatever that means.
thanks Petra
when you are ready I like to get the german version.

Hello Petra

take a look at the mac porting site from OpenOffice.org, where you'll find
links to all you need to do and know for OOo on the Mac.
look in particular at the news (
http://porting.openoffice.org/mac/news/news2006.html#20061114) because there
were some problems recently with an update Apple sent around for X11 (you
need this program to run OOo on Mac). Since beginning this week there is a
new update (1.1.3) for X11 that should solve the problem.

there is some delay with the german version of OOo 2.0.4 for Mac Intel .
Either you use the previous version in German (2.0.3), or the new one in
English or French

don't forget there is a german community around OOo
http://de.openoffice.org/
and the downloads:
http://de.openoffice.org/downloads/quick.html?version=2.0.4

good luck

--
Guy
using english OOo 2.0.4 on an iMac Panther and on a Powerbook Tiger PPC