Gemtree Caravan Park wrote:
I was unfortunate to have experienced a CRASH with my Microsoft Word program recently and as I have mislaid my WORD CD I was therefore unable to uninstall and re install the program. I was told to download your openoffice program from the Internet and it successfully allowed me to retrieve many of my WORD documents.
I now have a problem that I hope you can rectify please:

When I typed a new document using openoffice, I tried to email the document to
a publishing business (to meet an advertising deadline) and they could not open
my openoffice document.

Is there some way I can save this OpenOffice document so that it can be opened
by everyday users? Word was always user-friendly to everyone - but I have no
way of sending a text document if my program cannot be opened.

The deadline is past for my editorial and I have been granted until Monday to
email it to them. Do you think you can help me please?

I can be reached by this email - or phoned on 08 8956 9855.

With thanks,
Yours sincerely,
Carmel Chalmers.

Yes, you can do this. I assume they will need to have the ability to edit it (or re-format it, etc.). If so, then you need to do a File > Save As, and select MS Word as the file format.

If the do NOT need to edit it, then you can save it as a pdf file and send it that way.