Mathias Bauer ha scritto:

Well, what you have currently is exactly what you don't want to have: if
you open a file from an ftp server using the Windows file dialog Windows
downloads to the file to your hard disk (into "temporary internet
files") and then passes the file name of this temporary file to the
application (here OOo). For whatever reason the file is gone when OOo
tries to open it. Strange. Sorry, I have no clue what happened here. It
works for me here (WinXP Pro).

There is no way to workaround the download as it is Windows itself in
its infinitive wisdom that decides that the application is too dumb to
handle ftp ULRs and so must be protected from seeing them.

You can avoid the creation of the temporary file by using the OOo file
dialog (switch it on in "Tools-Options-General"). It directly accesses
ftp servers and allows you to open files from there and save them back.
The drawback is that the OOo own file dialog lacks access to some
Windows specific locations (e.g. network neighborhood).

You can also add the "Load URL" button to your main toolbar (you can
switch it on in "Visible items"). Here you can enter the URL like in a
browser and don't need to switch the file dialog.

Ciao,
Mathias

I have same problem when I try to open two times the same ODT document from a web site with Internet Explorer. I enabled Use OOo dialogs in Tools-Options-General, but error still persist and IE save document in Temporary Internet File folder.
I receive this error
Object not accessible. The object cannot be accessed due to insufficient user rights.

Seva