jorge alejandro rios blanco wrote:
Hi there. I am using version 2.0.4 of OpenOffice.org. My problem is :
I need to protect some documents with password so that only I can access them.
Thing is: I followed the procedure for securing those documents using OO help
and this article:

http://documentation.openoffice.org/online_help/htmlhelp/text/shared/guide/protection.html

Problem is that when the Save dialog appears; the “Save with password” option
isn't a valid one (appears in gray). What can I do? Please help !!! I really
love your software and don't want to return to Microsoft, but I'm desperate to
protect the access to my private files. Thanx.

You must save the documents in OO XML format in order to password protect them. If you are attempting to use some other format (*.doc, for example), the option is not available.

DougT