On Tuesday 28 November 2006 08:44, Adolf Gigler wrote:
> I am missing an importfilter to open MS Publisher files (.pub) in open
> office 2.0. Is such an filter available?

Not to my knowledge. You can, however, export Publisher files in a variety of
formats including: Postscript (.ps), Plain Text (.txt), Rich Text Format
(.rtf), Word 6 (.doc), Word97-2000 (.doc), Word for Macintosh (.mcw), Works
4.0 and Wordperfect. Open Office can certainly open a number of these
formats.

Of course, this doesn't help if you don't have Publisher.

(And keep in mind that not all versions of Publisher are the same. My printer
had some difficulty with a Publisher 2000 document I sent him and he was
using Publisher 2003)

In addition, Publisher will run under Crossover Office on Linux, if that's of
use to you.

Bob.