On Wed, 2006-11-29 at 15:40 -0600, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I downloaded open office onto my computer and I was no longer able to
> open any of my old files.  I deleted the program and the files were
> available again.  Is there something I need to do to those files to make
> them viewable after Open Office is installed.
>
> Jessica R Howell

In order to answer your question we need more information. Such as:

What operating system and version (eg. Windows XP, SuSE Linux 10.1, etc)
are you using? From your email header I am guessing some flavour of
Windows.

What version of OOo (OpenOffice.org) did you try to install? The current
release version is 2.0.4.

When you say "I was no longer able to open any of my old files", how
were you trying to open these files and what happened when you tried to
open them? Did you get any error messages displayed on your computer
screen? If so, what did they say?

What type of files (eg. MS Word, MS Excel, etc. were you trying to open?

How did you "delete" the program? Did you use and uninstall operation,
or did you just wipe the program files off of your disk drive?

With answers to these questions, we should be able to help you resolve
your problem.

Please reply to users@openoffice.org only.

Dave
include some indication that you are not subscribed to this list.
(eg. "I am not subscribed to this list, please CC: me.")

For on-line support see: http://support.openoffice.org/index.html
For a knowledge base see: http://mindmeld.cybersite.com.au/