On Saturday 02 December 2006 09:24 am, Rick Bell wrote:
> Thanks for the reply...My first page was a title page- a default
> style page.  I
> did not want a page number on it, and I wanted the next page to be
> a page 1.   I
> used default for my title because if I use "first page" style, the
> will be page 2.  So I created my own style, I called it "text"
> style. It starts
> with page 1.  But now there is an unseen blank page between the
> title page and
> page 1.
>
> In another instance, I am trying to format a book.  I have a title
> page which I
> used "first page" style.  And then I use a default page style for
> the copyright
> page and the table of contents.  Then another default page and then
> a "blank
> page" style for the first chapter page.  Then I use left and right
> page styles.
> _The unseen blank page appears at the very front of the document-
> before the
> first page._
>
> This throws me off because I have to have a certain specific number
> of pages to
> finally save in a PDF format.  And it throws me off in the other
> first instance
> because that (just a paper) will also be sent electronically.
> Otherwise I would
> just grin and bear it and remove the blank page when I print.
>
> Thanks for any suggestions, helps.
> Rick B.

     If you are going to be formatting a book, you probably need to
consult the Writer Guide available at
http://documentation.openoffice.org/manuals/. You can get the
individual chapters of this guide and of other guides at
http://documentation.openoffice.org/manuals/oooauthors2/.
     Among other things you are going to need page breaks, at least
two different page styles and possibly three, and headers and/or
footers. These are explained in the Writer Guide.

Dan