Hi again Rick

Thanks for the reply...My first page was a title page- a default style page. I did not want a page number on it, and I wanted the next page to be a page 1. I used default for my title because if I use "first page" style, the next page will be page 2. So I created my own style, I called it "text" style. It starts with page 1. But now there is an unseen blank page between the title page and
page 1.

Then is sounds like OpenOffice is behaving properly. Think of a book and think of printing double sided.

- The title page will be a right hand page.
- Your "page 1" page will be a right hand page.
- In between them there has to be a blank page on the back of the title page.

Does that sound right to you? It sounds to me that OpenOffice is doing exactly what you asked it to do.

Adrian