Harold,

thank you: the ISNUMBER function works wonders. With one single command
I have now filled the whole 2-dimensional array with calculated data,
without burps on null entries.

I'll have to get experience with 'dragging' before it works, but since
I now know better how to use the array function I may not even need it.

Thank you again.

Nino