On Thursday 07 December 2006 15:06, Guy Voets wrote (regarding Re: [users] MS
Word Markup and track changes Equivalent in Writer):
> 2006/12/7, semaj3000 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > What is the Openoffice Writer equivalent of M$ Word Track changes and
> > markup?
> >

> > I had a word (doc) filed originally created in writer edited in MS word
> > 2003
> > save and sent back to me. Track changes was on and I want to know how to
> > hide changes or anything else that would help me work with them.  Thanks
> > for
> > your help everyone, you are doing a great service to the community
> > helping everyone here.
> >
> > PC: Windows XP sp2
> > Openoffice 2.0.3
> > Office 2003 sp2
> > Document in ms office *.doc format
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Jim
>
> Jim, as far as I understand your question, the OOo equivalent for M$ Word's
> Track Changes is to be found onder Edit > Changes, where you get different
> possibilities.
> I don't know if changes made in M$ Word will be tracked by OOo...

Guy, Jim,

OOo understands the "tracks changes" of M$ Word, although not always;
however,  M$Word does not (in what little I have checked out) manage to
interpret the changes made by OOo (why am I not surprised?)

Hope this helps
Pradeep.