I am trying to run open office on my Mac. I have done this before but recently had to reload and then upgrade operating system so I am now running OS X 10.4 Tiger.

I have X11 installed.

When I try to use Open Office I get the X 11 terminal window and I get the Open Office icon on the doc and the short menu with open office, file and edit only.

No open office window opens.

When I try to open a document with open office I get the same thing.

I also can't get it to close. When I try quit open office nothing happens. I have to force quit to get it to quit.

I have downloaded it several times just in case there was some problem with the file and get the same result.

Any advice?