On Saturday 16 December 2006 11:28 am, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Sir or Madam,
>
> I have a disc and have gone through your process and while I see Oo.0 on
> the desktop it is just files.  I have done this numerous times and all I
> get is the aforemetioned
>
> How do I gain access to "writer?'  Currently, that is the only section I
> can use.
>
> This is driving me crazy and your assistance will be greatly appreciated.

I'm assuming you're in windows.

However, before we get into that, understand that your message was posted to a
mailing list server, that is monitored and supported by volunteers, not paid
support.  Just like OpenOffice.org itself.

Now, you should be able to go to "Start" -> "Programs" -> "OpenOffice.org" ->
then click on the icon of the app you wish to start.

However, you should also find an Openoffice.org Quickstart Icon in your system
tray, (you may have to unhide it), try right clicking and left clicking on
that icon to find out what kind of menus it provides.

If you are in Linux, the location of the icons will depend on your
distribution.  Mine (Kubuntu) are located in "Kmenu" -> "Office"

--
See Ya'
Howard Coles Jr.