On Monday 18 December 2006 02:21 am, Federico O'Reilly wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I' write in Spanish and English with, pretty much, the same
> frequency. I can use English spellchecking with no problems, but
> when I try to spellcheck in Spanish I can't get it to work.
> Apparently I'm missing the Spanish module(It's not ticked in the
> menu, like English). So I try to add it, but in the Tools->Packages
> window, all Open Office packages options are gray. How can I
> install Spanish support and keep English support? (ie. Not install
> a Spanish version, but a Spanish module).
>
> Cheers and thanks,
>
> Federico

     What you need is a Spanish dictionary. File > Wizards > Install
new dictionary. You will also need some new styles for your Spanish
words. That is because the language of a word is based upon the
language choice listed in the style applied to the word.
     There are three chapters on Styles listed at
http://documentation.openoffice.org/manuals/oooauthors2/. One of them
is in the Getting Started Guide, and the other two are in the Writer
Guide.

Dan