> Hi,
> Using Windoze XP SP2 and Ooo 2.1.0
> I have a 3116 page document all pages are portrait and updating the Table of
> Contents does not affect the number of pages.  When I export as .pdf there
> are no changes that I am aware of.  The pages listed in the TOC are the
> actual pages before and after the export to .pdf.
>
> Floyd Humpherys
Well I'm glad it works for somebody. Unfortunately I need to have
several landscape pages. If I could figure out how to rotate a table I
could likely remove the landscape pages. I don't see any reason for pdf
export to repaginate (it tells you it is repaginating). There is no
problem with updating the TOC. That works fine. The problem is with pdf
export. If repagination occurs automatically then the logical thing to
do is to update all the indicies automatically before creating the pdf.
My solution is to avoid pdf export and instead to print to a file (after
making sure everything is updated), and then use ps2pdf to convert to a
pdf. ps2pdf doesn't try to repaginate and everything looks perfect and
I've saved myself a nervous breakdown.

Someone has said that there is a way to stop pdf export from inserting
blank pages - but I can find nothing about this in the Help system.

Rick B.