Dan Lewis wrote:
On Tuesday 19 December 2006 04:50 pm, Ennio-Sr wrote:
----- Forwarded message from Terry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> -----

Subject: Re: [users] OOo_2.0.3-Send document as e-mail
From: Terry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 17:25:41 +1100
To: users@openoffice.org

Ennio-Sr wrote:
[Using OO_2.0.3, under kernel 2.4.27-1-386 GNU/Linux]
I used Tools/Options/Internet-> e-mail ->use /usr/bin/mutt
but it didn't work. Maybe that's because mutt works from
console/xterm only? If yes, would Opera or Netscape Mail be a
valid substitute? [But I wouldn't know how to call these
programs from OO].
I can use Thunderbird from OpenOffice (2.0.2).  In Tools >Options
I have /usr/bin/thunderbird

Perhaps for Mutt you can use something like /usr/bin/xterm -e
"mutt"

I've never attempted to make such extensive use of a terminal.
Thank you Terry,
I tried what you suggest but it doen't work. Good to learn that it
works with Thunderbird: I'll try it in case I really need to send
mail from OOo.
Regards,
        Ennio

     The problem you are having is with this file:
<OOo directory>/program/senddoc. It contains the scripts needed to send a document from OOo. It does not contain a script for Mutt, and that is why you get the message. Trying to use Seamonkey will give the same error while Mozilla, Netscape, and Thunderbird have scripts. (There is a simple addition to the senddoc to make it work.) Mutt could be made to work, but it would require someone to create the script needed for it. Then adding the script to senddoc would solve the problem.

Dan

How could I forget *that* thread so soon? From your message in that thread, it seems to be a simple matter of adding the name of the client to senddoc.

Perhaps it is not that simple and the issue filed on the subject should be studied?

Could Ennio add Opera in the same way as you added SeaMonkey? (Using an easier and more highly evolved editor than vi.)

The previous message:

   http://www.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?listName=users&msgNo=131840

--

Xfce on PCLinuxOS, OOo 2.0.2 (en_GB).
Direct mail to "teaman" is not opened; if necessary, email "realmail"