Dan Lewis wrote:
On Wednesday 20 December 2006 06:02 pm, Terry wrote:
Dan Lewis wrote:
Ennio-Sr wrote:
[Using OO_2.0.3, under kernel 2.4.27-1-386 GNU/Linux]
I used Tools/Options/Internet-> e-mail ->use /usr/bin/mutt
but it didn't work. Maybe that's because mutt works from
console/xterm only? If yes, would Opera or Netscape Mail be a
valid substitute? [But I wouldn't know how to call these
programs from OO].

     The problem you are having is with this file:
<OOo directory>/program/senddoc. It contains the scripts needed
to send a document from OOo. It does not contain a script for
Mutt, and that is why you get the message. Trying to use
Seamonkey will give the same error while  Mozilla, Netscape, and
Thunderbird have scripts. (There is a simple addition to the
senddoc to make it work.) Mutt could be made to work, but it
would require someone to create the script needed for it. Then
adding the script to senddoc would solve the problem.

Dan
How could I forget *that* thread so soon?  From your message in
that thread, it seems to be a simple matter of adding the name of
the client to senddoc.

Perhaps it is not that simple and the issue filed on the subject
should be studied?

Could Ennio add Opera in the same way as you added SeaMonkey? (Using an easier and more highly evolved editor than vi.)

The previous message:

http://www.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?listName=users&msgNo=131
840

No, it is not that simple. I thought that OOo 2.1.0 would have corrected that problem, but it did not. I recently installed 2.1.0 over 2.0.4 and could no longer use Seamonkey as OOo's email client. That is when I looked this thread up and made the change again. The scripts in senddoc are for individual types of email clients. Because of their similarities, Mozilla, Netscape, Seamonkey, and Thurnderbird all use the same script. So, it was just a matter of placing Seamonky's name in the list of clients using this script. Also in senddoc are scripts for evolution, dtmail, kmail, sylpheed, and another one listed as Mail | Thunderbird | *.app. I have no idea what this last script is for. But I do understand this point. Unless an email client is listed in senddoc and has the required script there also, it can not be used to send email from OOo. (DISCLAIMER: The above statements apply to the Linux version of OOo. They may not apply to sending email for the Window's or Solaras versions.)

Dan
Thank you for the explanation.

--

Xfce on PCLinuxOS, OOo 2.0.2 (en_GB).
Direct mail to "teaman" is not opened; if necessary, email "realmail"