In a quick try to reproduce your document from your description, I had no problems, using both 2.0.2 and 2.0.4, until... I modified the size of the graphic. I.e. the original image was ~2" high at the default size, then I scaled it down to about 60% of that size, and I began to see problems similar to what you describe.

I had a feeling it might be something along those lines, as I've run into other situations where Writer get confused about the size of images that have been re-sized. I could imagine it causing even larger problems for you if you have different sized images (mine were all identical) and maybe larger scaling factors.

I could "fix" it by adding or deleting a pp before the table, I guess forcing a re-calculation of the page breaks, but 2.0.4 never seemed to completely get it right. 2.1.0, although it initially showed the same problem on loading my problem doc, seemed to be completely ok once the page breaks were re-calculated (add and delete an empty pp before the table).

I would suggest 1) using images at the original size. OOo is notoriously bad at scaling images. It's not too noticeable for photos, but for anything with text or line art, it's just not acceptable. Scale the images in an external program, then insert them into your document. I realize this may not be practical.

Or 2), upgrade to 2.1.0 and see if that cures the problem. Probably not a bad plan anyway, as 2.0.4 has a number of regressions.

Barbara Duprey wrote:
> ... I don't currently have a good place for an upload.

I've used mytempdir.com and uploadhut.com. Feel free to use either (or Google for another one) if you're still unable to make it work. Or just email it privately.

<Joe