On Tuesday 02 January 2007 5:08 pm, Dean Montgomery wrote:
> Students are not able to apply some openoffice templates to their
> current presentation.  When they click on the "Available for Use"
> background that they want to use, the thumbnail preview disappears
> and their presentation background does not change.  See the
> following screenshot which shows several templates that became
> blank when the student clicked on them.
>
> http://www.sd73.bc.ca/download/tmp/openoffice_templates.jpg
>
> Here is a sample template this is not working when installed in:
> /usr/lib/openoffice/share/template/en-US/presnt/Autumn4.otp
>
> http://www.sd73.bc.ca/download/tmp/Autumn4.otp
>

> The students can get it to work if they select the template in
> the "New"=>"Presentation Wizard"=>"From Template"=>"Presentations"
> However this is not very convenient in that the student can not
> choose the presentation background for their current work.
>
> We have the same problem OpenOffice 2.0.4 on Ubuntu 6.10 and on
> Debian testing.

     I found this a little strange at first.
I have two questions.
     Has anyone done the following? File > Templates > Organize. Then
double click the Presentation folder to see what tempates are listed
there. Is Autumn4.otp one of three presentation templates listed?
     If the answer is no, try this with the Template Management window
still open. Click the command button to open the drop down menu. Then
click Update to update the template database (if that is what it is).
Now check what presentation templates are contained in the
Presentation folder.

Dan