Thanks Richard. I all of the settings are OK. It still does not work.

Abu Adam

On 1/3/07, Richard Detwiler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have tried several times to use Tools - Autocorrect and then enter
> words
> into the "Replace" and "With". However, when I try to type any of the
> words
> entered in "Replace" afterwards, inside Writer, absolutely nothing
> happens.
> What am I missing?
>
> Abu Adam

A couple of things come to mind that would cause the "Replace" thing to
not work:

1. Once you type in something that's in your replacement table, you need
to hit a space before the actual replacement takes place. For example,
if you type "teh" which will be replaced by "the", nothing will happen
until you put a space after the "teh". I'm guessing this isn't the cause
of your problem, but just in case it is, I thought I'd mention it.

2. Go the the Format menu, and select Autoformat. Is "While Typing"
checked? If so, that's what you want. If not, then that's the cause of
the problem. With this unchecked, no type of auto-correction is performed.

3. Go to Tools > Autocorrect > Options. The first selection is "Use
replacement table". This should be checked. If not, then no
auto-replacement will happen.

Hopefully, the cause of your problem is one (or more) of the above three
things, all of which are easily corrected.