I don't think this is an OO.o issue, but more the result of improvements in the OS on your computer. As suggested by another user, use the Save As.. option after you have placed the second floppy.

Arnold Huzen

Robert A. Manter Family schreef:
I keep a confidential personal journal. To keep it private, I use password
protection, I turn off automatic backup, and I save it to floppy disk so that it is
never on the hard drive. I don't even want to copy and paste entries using the
clipboard. I do however want to have a copy disk. In WordPerfect 6.1 I have been
able to save an entry on a floppy, remove that floppy and insert a second floppy and
hit save, and it has worked. With OpenOffice when I insert the second disk and push
the space bar once to make it slightly different and then hit save, I have gotten
this message "General Error
General input/output error"
This seems to me to be because the disk is sensed as a different disk. Is there a way I can override this and "make" Open Office do a second save to a different disk without having to use clipboard or have the stuff on the hard drive? Thanks, [EMAIL PROTECTED]