Hi Ann,
On 4 Jan 2007, at 07:21, Ann Cottington wrote:

Hello there,

I have a colleague who has installed Open Office, but when she sends me files marked .odt Microsoft will not open them. What can I do? (apart from installing Open Office myself but this is not an option at work). You say you are compatible and I presume you mean that you can open Word files, but the opposite is not true. Please help.

You are correct about the assumptions.

You should ask your colleague to save the documents as a Word document before sending them to you.

You could try speaking to your IT department. Many are happy to install ooo due to the negligable cost.

Shaun
--

___________________________________________________________ All new Yahoo! Mail "The new Interface is stunning in its simplicity and ease of use." - PC Magazine http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html