On Monday, January 15, 2007 12:26 AM [GMT+1=CET],
Pat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

     Dear Madam or Sir,

     After downloading open office exe file
"OOo_2-1.1.0_Win32Intel_install_en-US"  from
http://download.openoffice.org/2.1.0/contribute_bouncer.html?product=OpenOffice.org&os=win&lang=en-US&version=2.1.0
and trying to install it, I got the following error message:

     NSIS Error

     The installer you are trying to use  is corrupted or incomplete.
     This could be the result of a  damaged disc, a failed download
or a virus.

     You may want to contact the author  if this installer to obtain
a new copy.

     It may be possible to skip this check  using the /NCRC command
line switch (NOT RECOMMENDED).

     Please send a disc containing the software to me at P.O. Box
40532, San Francisco, CA 94140.  I have  windows xp.

     Thank you.

     Pat
The free version of OpenOffice is supported by volunteers working in our spare time without pay; as such we do not send out CDs. To solve your problem please do as follows.

First, check if the file you downloaded really is corrupt. Install and run one of the two progarms mentioned at http://www.openoffice.org/dev_docs/using_md5sums.html#win then compare the result to that stated for your exact file at http://download.openoffice.org/2.1.0/md5sums.html (the 3rd one down, I think).

I strongly suspect that the two results will be the same, indicating that your downloaded file is OK. I further suspect that the problem is caused by your Antivirus (AV) software believing that the file you downloaded is a virus; this happens often, not just with OpenOffice. Please do the following:
1. Disconnect your computer from the internet
2. Disable your AV and firewall software
3. Install OpenOffice by running the .exe file you downloaded
4. Re-enable your AV and firewall software
5. Reconnect to the internet
Never leave your computer connected to the internet if your AV and firewall software are not both running properly.

If the two MD5 results are not the same then the file you downloaded really is corrupt. You now have a choice: 1.Try the download again; if you have a slow dial-up or poor quality internet connection you may want to skip this step. 2. Buy a CD from from one of the locations listed at http://distribution.openoffice.org/cdrom/index.html#cdrom. Suppliers normally only make a nominal charge to cover the cost of producing the CD and for P&P; expect approximately USD 10 or so. 3. Take a look at a few computer magazines in your local newsagent. Many of them carry free CDs/DVDs which frequently contain OpenOffice.

Harold Fuchs
London, England