John Meyer wrote:
robert wrote:
Possible, but I doubt it. There are already some good, free, open source mail programs out there, such as Thunderbird or Evolution. I use Kmail myself. Why spend the limited funds and time to add a program that already duplicates what is out there?

Playing devil's advocate here for a moment, if you really want to go
head to head with MS Office, sooner or later you're going to have to
face the behemoth known as Outlook.  Without it, it will be Microsoft
Office vs. OpenOffice + some random e-mail client.  Get the drift in
terms of unified products.

Even though I am late responding, I couldn't let this one sit.

We have been forced to Exchange server with no IMAP or POP allowed. This forced me to Evolution, the Linux clone of Outlook. And it sucks.

This is one reason that I am late in responding. I don't want an email client tied to my office suite. Just because Microsoft does it, doesn't make it right. They tied IE to the OS so you cannot remove IE and applications can call IE if they wish, even if you use Firefox and configured it as your default browser.

We have this issue with people using Word for creating Emails and then all we get are attachments and crap. This is a problem for many people that find this annoying.

This is a problem with Microsoft trying to tie all applications into one big mess of a program. Now you can charge more money.

And for what it is worth, most of the people around here that seem to like Outlook are those that have not tried anything else.

--
Robin Laing