Hello,
I sent an .opd file to a person with MS Powerpoint on Windows XP and another with a Mac and neither could open the file. I have opened excel files with Open Office, does Microsoft products not recognize Open Office files?

M$ Office doesn't recognize OO files, you have 3 options:

1. Send em as M$ Office document ('save as' option in all the modules)
2. Send em as PDF document (non editable, wide acceptable)
3. Send em OpenOffice to those persons, besides... it's free =)

Regards,    Donald

Saludos,
Roberto