On Saturday 27 January 2007 04:57, CPHennessy wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to remind everyone of a few simple points which may help new users
> get the most out of our answers:
>
> 1) We should CC: the posters of messages that contain a "Delivered-to:
> moderator" header since they are from users who are not subscribed and thus
> they would otherwise not see our responses. Frequently these emails also
> have "[moderated]" in their subject line.
> Note 1 : So how do I know if someone is not subscribed ?
> That is easy : there is a field in every email on this list called
> "Delivered-to". For subscribed users it will show your email address. For
> unsubscribed users, there will be two "Delievered-to" fields, the one as
> described above, and a second one with the value "moderator". Any email
> delivered to the moderator and then to the list, means that the email was
> from an unsubscribed user and therefore you should try to CC: that user.
> Many people use their email tool to filter the users@ emails so that those
> with the field "Delivered-to" with a value of "moderator" get flagged to
> indicate that they should be treated specially.

The practical difficulty I see with this helpful advice is that most of us
will only see from, to, subject and date fields in any email unless we turn
on more verbose settings. If it were only one extra line that wouldn't be a
problem but I sure don't want to look at all the headers every time I read a
message.

Bob

--
Bob Smits [EMAIL PROTECTED]